Wednesday, July 24, 2013

EDTECH 597 - Poll Post

During my studies at college for my B.A., the technology emphasis was on SMARTBoards. The college bought several SMARTBoards for classrooms, and we had a bit of opportunity to use these devices in our methods courses and see them used by professors as well. The classroom in which I did my student teaching also had a SMARTBoard, so I was able to use it as a learning tool, but I didn't have a whole lot of experience or knowledge on it to make it super effective. When I started my teaching career, I was looking forward to eventually getting a SMARTBoard in my classroom. We had a Parent Teacher Fellowship raising money for different things in the school. One of the things they wanted to purchase were SMARTBoards for the 6th grade classrooms. I thought this was great until I started researching more technology and found different devices that I would rather have. So here is the poll:

If you were given $3,000 to spend on technology, what would you spend it on? (Imagine you have none of the choices)

2 comments:

  1. This is a tough question. Our school was built with StarBoards in every room and I use mine daily in a variety of ways. Since I am so used to teaching with it, it would be very difficult to go without one now. However, I would really like a classroom set of iPads since I already have the board... Tough pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good poll. My question is: Once given the technology of choice, will there be any training on it/them to benefit from all the possibilities it brings? Sometimes I feel we are given technology but then not shown how to use it. We don't have time to figure it out on our own so the technology goes without being used fully and really becomes a waste of money. Training is so important in my mind.
    Jaime Piatt

    ReplyDelete