Wednesday, July 24, 2013

EDTECH 597 - Audio Post

I was searching for some podcasts about educational technology and came upon the website Teaching with Technology Podcasts. Upon browsing this site, I found a podcast about blogging in the classroom. The teacher gives an example of how she used a blog in her music classroom and how she was able to make it successful.




Here is a link to the blog. It is a good example of a blog where the teacher posts a prompt and students comment. I think she is having success in this manner, and I will continue to follow her to see how she incorporates it into her classroom next year.


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this example of blogging. This teacher seems to have a great purpose for her blog and her podcast did a great job of "selling" blogging as well. It is always nice to see tools in action, and this one seems to be effective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely something that has developed over time, but it seems that she started simple. I think that is one of the best things you can do, especially if you and your students are unsure of how to do this.

      Delete
  2. Nice find, Nathan,
    I like that she gives rationale for her choices and uses this podcast to explain her reasoning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does cover stuff that we have learned. It is always great to have a variety of examples of these blogs used in the classroom.

      Delete
  3. This was an interesting podcast to listen to. The teacher did an outstanding job of justifying the use of a blog in the classroom. I think students really enjoy being able to voice their opinion on a blog. I tried this last spring with my 4th grade students and it was really quite amazing to watch their comments grow from single sentences to entire paragraphs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I don't think you can go into it with the expectation that students will be deep and insightful, but by continuing to use it and by challenging them, I would think it would be more successful. Hopefully it transforms into something they enjoy and desire to do afterwards.

      Delete